Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dear Bill,


Knowing intimately what has been on the threshold of my day, and knowing intimately what you are on the threshold of in your life, I was a bit wistful dropping our youngest off this morning.  Ever notice how her hand kind of instinctively floats up into yours while you're walking beside her?  I remember that about Wil & Kaelan too, and Mads is already showing signs of independence, being the receiver rather than the seeker of a hand when crossing the street.  But Serejane, she still holds your hand willingly, sidling up beside you and just raising her hand until she grazes your fingertips enough to grab on.  

When it's stupid hot like last night, it's always nice settling in for sleep, you and I not touching except for our fingertips or our toes - cool yet connected.

I (heart) holding hands.  (And I'm OK about us touching toes.  Just don't ever try and paint them - that would make me squeamish.)  Too bad Art can't hold hands.

What do you have to say about bugs?

Love, your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sed by you